Spicy Chili with Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 1lb lean ground beef (turkey or chicken)
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 15 oz can black beans, drained
- 14 1/2 oz can diced fire-roasted tomatoes
- 6 oz can no salt-added tomato paste
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 cups water
- sea salt to taste
- Cook ground beef (turkey or chicken), diced onions and minced garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, breaking up meat with for. Cook until browned.
- Drain fat and place meat in a slow cooker along with the remaining ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 – 8 hours. Season with sea salt , to taste
Calories: 112 Fat: 3g Saturated fat: 1g Trans fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 13g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 61mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 9g Cholesterol: 25mg